If you are interested in volunteering for the Cleveland International Piano Competition, please contact Crystal Carlson, Director of Operations, at [email protected] or 216-707-5397, ext. 104.
Marketing & Social Media Intern
The Cleveland International Piano Competition (CIPC) seeks a Marketing & Social Media Intern for summer 2020. CIPC is a nonprofit arts organization that hosts the quadrennial Cleveland International Piano Competition as well as concerts, community outreach and education events, and a competition for young artists in competition off years. The next competition is July 26-August 9, 2020, bringing 24 of the world’s finest young pianists to Cleveland and placing the city at the center of the classical music universe.
Under the supervision of the Marketing and Communications Coordinator, the intern will:
- Become familiar with CIPC’s mission and vision
- Draft and schedule social media content, press releases, media advisories, and other copy as needed in a manner consistent with core messaging
- Attend CIPC events to record video, take photos, and share content to the CIPC website and social media feeds (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
- Explore strategies based on her or hihs interests, strengths, or career development to reach new and/or priority audiences
- Help track public relations activity and results
- Assist with office administrative support, including but not limited to answering incoming calls, preparing outgoing correspondence, and receiving and directing office guests
- Excellent written communication skills
- Friendly, personable verbal communication skills; ability to speak confidently over the phone.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google products (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Forms, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of social media
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- High degree of creativity, maturity, reliability, and judgement
- Some availability outside of regular business hours, including weekends of the Competition
- The intern MUST be available all dates during the Cleveland International Piano Competition, July 26-August 9, 2020
Hours and Schedule
This paid position will run from mid-May through mid-August 2020. Exact dates and hours to be determined based on the candidate’s schedule. We anticipate the intern working approximately 10-15 hours per week through the beginning of July and increasing to 24-30 hours per week from mid-July through the end of the competition on August 9.
Intern duties from May through July 25 will take place at the CIPC office, located in Shaker Heights at the end of the Blue Line. During the Competition, July 26-August 9, the intern will be working in University Circle. CIPC offers a stipend of $3500 for the entire summer in addition to a monthly RTA pass or equivalent in gas reimbursement.
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] by February 15, 2020.