MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Work in partnership with the Executive Director, the Director of Operations, and the Director of Development to develop communications plans for the organization as a whole, and for individual events and programs.
Maintain responsibility for the following communications tactics and strategies, as well as other communications-relations projects as identified by organizational leadership, to ensure the goals of all communications plans are met.
- Organization Identity and Communications
- Coordinate development of a new campaign design for each competition. Ensure the uniform application of that design to all appropriate communications tools, including printed materials, advertising, website, signage, social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), and CIPC app.
- Prepare and edit copy.
- Work directly with graphic design firm and printing company to create materials.
- Keep website and blog up to date.
- Prepare regular email newsletters and other related e-blasts.
- Take photographs for newsletters and social media platforms.
- Media Relations
- Maintain ongoing relationships with local and national media to ensure continued coverage and reviews of the competition and its related events.
- Prepare and distribute all press releases.
- Provide media with photos, biographical material, repertoire, and story ideas.
- Coordinate interviews of contestants, staff, jury members, and guest artists.
- Identify publications relevant to the event and organization.
- Develop design concept and supervise design process with graphic design firm.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND EDUCATION
Candidates should have strong writing and communication skills, and a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or other related fields. Experience working with Microsoft Office, WordPress, or Adobe Creative Suite is preferred. An appreciation of classical music is a plus, but not required.
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected].